Thursday, June 14, 2007

Redwork Ladies


I've been busy trying to finish these ladies and just when I thought I was done, my thread ran out. Madge in the bottom right corner is missing 2 squares of satin stitching in the border. How could that happen, I bought several skeins and since I love redwork I always have extra on hand. So out I go to Loving Stitch to pick up more DMC 498. I love all the samples they have in the store, it's so tempting to buy a cross stitch pattern or two. I was browsing around and found some hand dyed floss in a variegated red for $5.50, wow that's expensive thread but guess what I bought it. I looked at some vintage yellow linen that was on sale but I was very good and put it back since I knew I wouldn't get around to using it and it too was expensive even on sale.

These patterns are from Red Brolly by Bronwyn Hayes. There names are Libby (top left), Louise (top right), Cynthia (bottom left) Madge (bottom right), check out how Darlene is doing on hers.

16 comments:

Leigh said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! You have done a really great job of these girls.

Darlene said...

Madge and Libby are adorable. I'm still not sure how to "finish" Louise and Cynthia. Any ideas? Pillows - wallhanging - just not sure. Should I stop with two or should I order the other two. HMMMM?!!?!?!?!? :-)

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

I have Cynthia and Madge and am working on Madge at the moment. I thought I might put them on a bag to hold sewing. Not sure yet - just trying to finish. Like Darlene I am wondering if I should get the other two. It is nice to see them actually stitched - grat job.

Carole said...

I just love them! Have you decided what you'll be doing with them? You can always send them to me! ;o) lol Thanks for sharing!

Libby said...

They are just darling - if they all got together one afternoon . . . it would be a lot of fun *s*

Knot Garden said...

Great work, love the one with chickens:)

Angie said...

Those are just toooo cute!! Don't you just love BH's patterns? :)

Jeanne said...

I love those Redwork Ladies. I've seen them on a couple other blogs, too, and they are beginning to speak to me. :-)

Darlene said...

Oh, I had to add a comment! I agree with Libby - Simple Girl - it would be so much fun to gather with those four ladies, Libby, Cynthia, Louise and Madge to stitch together! :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

nice girls........

Meredith said...

They are great. How will you be finishing them?

Rhonda said...

Great handwork! Love the ladies! LOL

Pam said...

They look wonderful Wendy. You certainly are a woman of many talents :))

I am seriously starting to think about doing some kind of a stitichery - they are so cute. I'm a long way from knitting socks yet though - LOL

Anonymous said...

I love all of bronwyn hayes designs. You have done a gorgeous job of them. The strawberries in the previous post are fantastic!

May Britt said...

I have traced these ladies now and they are ready to be stitched. I love Bronwyns patterns. They are so cute and make me smile.

Anja´s Wunschpunsch said...

Your ladies are very beautiful. It´s a pity, that this is not available in germany. I like the red-work pattern.

Anja