Saturday, April 19, 2008

This and That

I can't believe it's been a whole week since my last post. Homework, studying and 2 hour test after test have been getting in the way of quilting. This dental class is a bit more intense than I expected. I just have to hang in there for the next 2 months. I hope I can do it.

I started these square in a square blocks using civil war fabrics. The blue background I really like but unfortunately I bought that piece a few years ago and there isn't enough even for a lap quilt. I might have enough for a small table quilt. Maybe, I'll have to see if I can "make do" and introduce another blue that will imitate this same blue, as close match as I could find. I could just go out and buy a different blue but I was hoping to make this quilt from my stash...we'll see.

My Little Jo club was last week. Here are some of the 4 patch quilts from the group. Looks like I didn't get them all in the picture and it's not the best picture. One of the ladies used a feature fabric and made large borders around her 4 patch, it really looks spectacular in person.


We had snow yesterday which is very unusual for this area. I hope we'll get spring soon, I'm very tired of the cold....brrrr.

18 comments:

Judy said...

Oh so pretty! I just love these blocks and seeing how others come up with color combinations too! Love the blue too, you could make do and maybe make two versions of different sizes?

Jo quilts...yum!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Oooohhhh I love the little one with the big borders. That is sooooo cool looking. Great idea for sure. I love your square in a square blocks too. That blue is perfect too bad you dont have enough.

Juliann in WA said...

Your square in a square is lovely. That blue is really great. I bet you could find something similar to use. I finally received another piece of my background fabric so I can make mine bigger too.

Knot Garden said...

I love the colours in your blocks. Maybe you could centre the blue background and put an alternative fabric at the sides?
The Little Jo quilts are lovely, I like the one with the feature border but they are all so nice:)

Unknown said...

There is something about the blocks when they are set on point, I think my next project will be nine patches on point.

Carole said...

I love the quilt you are workign on! Another blue might not be a bad idea! Love your work! Hang in there for school. It will be over in 2 months! Keep well!

Darlene said...

I love this project, Wendy. Very, very pretty. Use the blue you have for center blocks then move to a different blue around the center blocks. Wait, this is exactly what Caroline said. LOL

Ginger Patches said...

I love your square in square blocks! And those little quilts are all adorable!

Karen said...

Hi Wendy,

I like the square in a square that you are working on.
Your picture of our Jo's quilts turned out great. It was such a fun day and I look forward to seeing you next month.

Wendy said...

Very pretty blocks, lovely blue fabric. Good luck with the studying!

Julia said...

It has been unseasonably cold here too! I would love to have it warm up a bit. My son's baseball season starts this week and I don't want us all to freeze our rear-ends off watching his game Tues. lol
Love new little blocks. I need to make some of those tiny blocks. I love then set on point.

Kim said...

At least you are making excellent use of your snow season to make fabulous fun in fabric. These quilts are wonderful, Wendy! Sorry about the snow and cold. I understand how you feel. :)

Thimbleanna said...

Your blocks are so pretty! I've always loved that square in a square pattern!

Texan said...

Yes the school thing is quite an adjustment is it not! One day at a time or well test at a time LOL, I agree those test whew... hang in there :O)... easily said I know LOL...

Cheryl said...

Great square in a square and wonderful fabrics. Chin up with the school stuff...you'll do great!

Karen said...

Love your blocks Wendy - really pretty and it will be fun to see what you come up with. Those Little Jo's are wonderful also. It's so much fun to see someone else's spin on the same pattern - that larger border is a great surprise.

Hugs- Karen

rachelmp said...

Your quilt is looking just lovely - great colours! Thanks for visiting my blog too. I'll be back for another visit! x Rachel

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you, I learned a lot of interesting things. I hope to learn more. I congratulate you for these wonderful shares. Keep going !
voyance serieuse par mail