Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sewing Book Finished

My Sue Spargo sewing book is officially complete. There is a ton of embellishment done in this project. I've mastered the bullion stitch and learned a lot about how embellishment can really make a project. This sewing book has a place for pens, markers, scissors, rulers, cutting mat, needles and all the bits and pieces that are needed for any type of sewing. This is the front, the covered button is my favourite.

Here is the back, the yellow flap is where the cutting mat is inserted. I really enjoyed this class and would take another class with Sue in a second. The project has so many different types of fabrics, it's mostly made up of wool but includes cotton, ribbon, velvet, satin ribbon, zippers, rick rack, chenille and wool roving. They didn't show much in the picture but the zipper pulls are made of felted roving balls.

The inside with a flower pincushion, needlebook and zippers on both sides.There is ribbon made like a measuring tape and several pockets on both sides to hold all the various sewing notions.

Happy Stitching.

22 comments:

Sheila said...

Wendy , it is gorgeous , what beautiful embellishments ,very nice job!!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness it's fabulous and beautiful. Such detail and that button is my very favorite as well.

Loris said...

Sweet! What a fun organizer and beautiful display of color and texture. A treasure for sure!

Nancy said...

Wow that turned out great Wendy!! I love those beautiful bright colors.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a lovely lovely project!

Kaaren said...

To die for!

Sinta Renee said...

Love love love...it!!!!

annieb said...

It is just beautiful-love all the colours!

Miranda said...

How gorgeous is that! You made a nice thing...I love it!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh this is AWESOME!

Mary said...

What a wonderful project. Love it!

Cheryl said...

Totally adorable!! I hope to take a class from her someday.

em's scrapbag said...

This is fabulous!!! Love all the color. What a fun project.

Lori said...

Nice work. That is so beautiful!!

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Lovely! It's very nice!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG...just beautiful! Love the COLOR!!!

Judy said...

Love that sewing kit Wendy...I saw the bullion stitch on several of Sue's things and now I have to find the how to and learn it....must use it to make my sewing kit too! FABULOUS!!

Vivian said...

WOW! It's spectacular. What fun it must have been to add all those embellishments and special stitches. I repeat -- WOW!

bitsnpieces said...

Love this little project! ....uh, oh, I feel a little Sue Spargo coming on. Thanks for the inspiration!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

OHMYGOODNESS that sewing book is so dang cute. I love it. Great job Wendy.

Carrie P. said...

I love this. I would love to take a class with one day.

deb said...

I only have 3 words for this...TO DIE FOR!!!!!!