Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Paris!

I know this is a quilting blog but no sewing going on for me right now. We are in Paris for a week and I thought I'd show a few pictures of this beautiful place anyway. We went to see Mona at the Louvre, this was as close as we could get to her. There is always a crowd and it's roped off so you can't get too close to her and this is using the zoom on my camera.

The entrance to the Louvre is under the pyramid. It's a huge museum and we could not see it all in one day.

Inside the court yard of the Louvre is filled with sculptures from Roman and Egyptian times.

I don't know what this lady did during her life, I'm guessing this scupture was a reminder to others of what not to do or this will happen to you....very tough times I'd say.

So you won't see any quilting updates for the next couple of weeks, I might be able to show a few more pictures of our travels in Paris and Rome as time permits and internet connections are available.

Happy Quilting.





20 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, lucky you! We went to Paris last March and I loved it there. Can't wait to return. My favorite museum was the Orangerie.

Gayle said...

We have a friend who just returned from Paris on Friday. His favorite thing was the catacombs beneath Notre Dame. But he was NOT happy with the bed bugs that found him!

Cheryl said...

Lucky you! Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

How fun! Have a great time!

Nancy said...

Jeff and I went to Paris a few years ago and LOVED it. Have a great time!

Needled Mom said...

Have fun. It looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

thankyou for the tour my daughter and son-in-law are going to Paris later this year for a holiday.xx

Darlene said...

I visited Paris years ago and have fond memories. Enjoy every minute of every sight.

Cath said...

Ahhhhh, the memories! I was in Paris with my daughter in June last year and it was the best week of my life. Have a wonderful time and look forward to more photos to drool over.

Shelley said...

well, seeing as it's "Paris", we'll let the no quilting thing go LOL! Hope you're having a blast!

Karen said...

You lucky girl you - enjoy :)

Vesuviusmama said...

Enjoy Paris! I've never been, so I love seeing other folks's photos.

Bunny said...

Looks wonderful we are going there in May can't wait.
Bunny

Sandra Henderson said...

So envious! I told Plays With Needles blogger, she was there recently, that we could not get close either. There were tons of japanease everywhere! Also at versailles, giverny,etc. They were all behind a lense too. I think they had to go home to see their vacation! Lol
Well, you are very lucky. Have fun!

Betty Lou said...

Oh, how I wish I was in Paris and the Louvre is my favorite place to spend an afternoon. Have a good time.

Carol said...

That's so awesome Wendy! Have a great time.

Carrie P. said...

Wow! what fun!

nancy huggins said...

awesome..love the pictures. The farthest I have been away is the 2 trips I won to Hawaii..it was awesome there to..have a great time on the rest of your trip
Nancy

Quilter Kathy said...

Paris?!?! Have a fabulous time! Bring back some new french fabric!

voyance said...

This is a really good read for me. Must agree that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.
voyance mail rapide