Friday, August 16, 2013

Vintage Holiday


I finished putting together the top last week using the Thimble Blossoms pattern. I changed the setting just a little with the added scrappy corner stone blocks for interest. This is something I've been working on for a BOM at the quilt shop where I work, it's called Creative Edge but sorry no website. The blocks are quick and fun to sew. I'm happy this will be ready in plenty of time for Christmas.
Cute ornament blocks. The snowman fabric adds a bit of whimsy.

Happy Quilting!

14 comments:

Quilt Fabric Pizazz said...

This is very cute. Can you use a layer cake to make the blocks? I have some cute layer cake fabric and lots of white, so am wondering. Thanks Lauren

Raewyn said...

Very cute blocks, and I love how you have put it together, Wendy. Your applique quilt (previous post) is gorgeous too. I have Cheryl's book and I love that pattern every time I see it!

Anonymous said...

Hi, your quilt is so pretty!

msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

Donna Keating said...

So charmingly vintage-looking. Love it.

Darlene said...

It's fabulous, Wendy. I added cornerstones to mine, too.

Carol said...

Oh Wendy it is so, so cute! Love the cornerstones and the border fabric is fantastic!

tink's mom said...

Great job, I have this on my to do list. Your fabric choices are wonderful. Love the snowmen.

Sue SA said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Ondrea said...

Such a lovely finish just in time for Christmas. All I have made for Christmas is a table mat so far.

Kindred Quilts said...

How smart are you getting a jump start on Christmas! Love the Blitzen line of fabric you used! So fun!!!

Sinta Renee said...

It is a happy holiday quilt! I love the snowman fabric too.

QuiltNut Creations said...

Very cute; I love the fabrics. Congrats on the finish

Quilts And Pieces said...

This is such a fun quilt!

Unknown said...

You clearly know so much about the subject, you’ve covered so many bases.
voyance gratuite en ligne par mail